WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT?
Chivas Brothers Limited is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are receiving a copy of this privacy notice because you are applying for a position with us (whether as an employee, worker, contractor, director or office holder or in any other capacity including on a voluntary unpaid basis). It applies to individuals who are applying for a vacancy that we are actively recruiting for, and also those who speculatively contact us to apply for roles. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data may be used, namely for the purposes of any recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are successful with your application we will hold your information in accordance with our Personnel Privacy Notice a copy of which will be provided or made available to you at the relevant time. The most up-to-date version of this document is available on our corporate website at www.chivasbrothers.com
Data protection principles
In accordance with data protection law the personal information we hold about you will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is
incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in the application form, including name, title, address, telephone
number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, experience.
- Any CV or covering letter submitted.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview or at any stage of the application process.
- Any results from tests taken as part of the recruitment exercise.
- Our assessment of your application at all stages of the recruitment process (including for example interviewer
notes and feedback).
- Records relating to any previous jobs applied for within the Pernod Ricard group.
- Any other information provided to us or a third party on our behalf (such as an agency) as part of the
- CCTV footage and records of access to our premises.
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information about:
- Your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Criminal convictions and offences.